Women have always been the backbone of our military supporting our troops behind the scenes with quiet dignity. Today there are over 200,000 on active duty in the U.S. military.
The best gift for military women, wives and daughters, to honor and reward them, are beautiful earrings. However, you need to know the type and material to avoid problems. This article will clue you in on what to look for in earrings that both the military and the ladies in your life will love.
Army Regulations About Wearing Earrings
For this article, we’ll assume that Army regs on earrings are the same for every branch of service. Here are the regulations for women wearing earrings while on any Army installation or other places under their control. Note, we replaced the Army’s “females” with “women” because we care:
- Approved earring types are posts, screw-on, or clip-on. Colors include silver, gold, diamond, or white pearl. The earrings shall not exceed six-mm (¼ inch) in diameter. They must be unadorned and spherical (round).
- Women may wear prescribed earrings with the dress, service, and mess uniforms, or in civilian attire while on duty.
- The earrings must fit snugly against the ear. Women may wear only one earring per ear and only as a matched pair.
- Women may not wear earrings with any Class C (utility) uniform. That includes BDU, hospital duty, physical fitness, food service, and field or organizational.
- When women are off duty, there are no restrictions on wearing earrings.
Remember, buy post earrings for active duty. You can purchase the other types, like dangles or drops for off duty.
Put Hypoallergenic Earrings in the Care Package
When purchasing earrings for a care package, look for hypoallergenic earrings. Better still, be safe and buy only nickel-free earrings.
Nickel is a common metal used in jewelry manufacturing. Unfortunately, up to 17% of women have an allergic reaction to nickel. The last thing your favorite lady needs is to run around with sore, red itchy ears. Although hypoallergenic earrings have a far less chance of causing an allergy, they may still contain trace amounts of nickel.
Two Best Nickel-Free Earrings
There are two materials that make safe and pretty earrings. Medical plastic and medical titanium are guaranteed to be nickel-free and hypoallergenic.
They use titanium for all kinds of weapons and armor. However, did you know it makes a beautiful pair of earrings too? Natural titanium earrings weigh about half a comparable sized earring made of brass, copper, or stainless steel, making them durable and comfortable in any climate.
Medical plastic earrings are very sturdy and lightweight, the perfect gift for military women on the move. More importantly, they come in all the regulated designs with a pearl or Swarovski Crystal that’s as brilliant as a diamond.
Order Nickel-Free, Hypoallergenic Earrings
Blomdahl USA makes the most beautiful nickel-free earrings available. One reason they are the best gift for military women, wives and daughters is the packaging. You can order our earrings, and the sturdy plastic bubble keeps them hygienic until she opens the package. Your lady will be the first person to touch those earrings.
We have earrings for babies, moms, and grandmothers. Check out all the gift possibilities at Blomdahl USA. All our pretty, skin-friendly earrings and jewelry are hypoallergenic.